Well, I am lame for not taking any pictures of our 23 hours of driving to get to the town of Searcy, but with a three-year old and a 17 mo. old having periodic breakdowns in the back seat, you can't blame me right? They thankfully did really well for how long the three day journey was.
It has been a super busy time for our family. We barely finished the things we needed to in Lehi and moving is sooo much dang work. We are just getting settled here. We are renting a three bedroom house here and we love it so far. It has all tile and hard-wood floors...perfect for potty training, which is going well. Cannon has been wearing underwear with Buzz Lightyear on them, which motivates him to keep them dry. He has been telling me when he needs to go!!! He still has wet accidents, but has made major progress.
Searcy is a good town with pretty much no crime. I am really liking it so far, which is surprising because I expected to really hate it. The people are SO friendly and down to earth. I love the accent. I have really been impressed with how helpful and nice people are here. And they know how to BBQ and fry here! YUM!
Cody has been having orientation all week, which he says is like being in junior high all over again. Classes start this coming Monday. I am dreading having him gone all the time. I really need to get the scrapbook table up and going!:)
We are doing really well. It is hard and sad to be away from all our family and friends in Utah, but it is also going to be a great experience for our little family. I will take some pictures of our house and the town soon and post them.
Wednesday, August 19, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)





i miss you!!!
ReplyDeleteHow fun! We loved living away and on our own. I think that all kids should just for the experience, but it really is always nice to come home. We miss you so much and can hardly wait until you can visit:) I am sure that that will be a long way off. Glad you made it. How is your ward?
ReplyDelete